Why touring Florence with a private guide?
Working as a tour guide could appear to be a simple job. Many times when I say that I’m a tour guide of Florence, people enthusiastically say that it must be great. This is the truth! However, you need deep human skills and a considerable cultural and linguistic background, obtained through years of study and work experience. In short, being a tour guide is more than a profession: it is a true passion! This is my full time job, and I understand that it may sound strange to some of my clients (it’s a very common question!). Italy is fortunate to have 51 UNESCO World Heritage sites out of 1,001 all over the world (in 161 countries), so many graduates in Italy have decided to be “ambassadors” of our beautiful country, and believe me, you never stop learning and studying!
I’m a qualified tourist guide of Florence
It’s necessary to have the proper certification issued by the Government to work as a tour guide in Italy. It is defended by local and national laws against unlicensed guides: choosing a qualified tourist guide is a guarantee of competence. I make part of the European Federation of Tourist Guides Associations (FEG), of the National Association of Tourist Guides (ANGT) and of the Tourist Guide Association of Florence (AGT Firenze). As a guide, you can decide to work in several cities: I prefer to focus only on Florence because I was born here and I feel a very strong sense of belonging to my roots. Above all, its patrimony is boundless and by devoting my attention just to Florence I can maintain a high level of knowledge. So, don’t wait any longer! Contact me to plan your private guided tour of Florence!
8 good reasons to hire me as your private tour guide in Florence
So, why visit Florence with a private tour guide? Here you have 8 good reasons to choose a private qualified tourist guide.
- I am a fully licensed and qualified tourist guide of Florence: look for quality and proficiency!
- You can create your tour with me, adjusting it to your needs and wishes. My tours are all custom-made, preceded by accurate e-mail correspondence. See the places you want, try the food you desire, learn about what interests you the most.
- You will maximise your time in Florence: give the best value to your time, you have been planning your holidays all year long and now you deserve the best personal treatment.
- I am a free lance, independent tour guide, so by booking my tours you don’t have any extra fee or brokerage, you only pay the costs of tours and tickets.
- It’s more affordable than you might think. My pricing is per-tour NOT per-person, so if you are a small party of friends or relatives, you’ll probably pay less than if you took a big group tour.
- You are paying for a private tour: it is your time, you decide what to do with it. See as much as you can or just relax and saunter at your leisurely pace. Flexibility is one of the best aspects of having a private guide.
- You will see Florence with the eyes of a local Florentine guide. A good tourist guide doesn’t have to be just knowledgeable, but she has to be passionate above all.
- You will receive the best advice that just a genuine Florentine can give you. The best restaurants, the best gelato flavour, the best view. I was born and raised in Florence, so I know this city like the back of my hand.